Monday, October 22, 2007

October South India Trip

Sorry for the lack of updates, faithful readers. I should have mentioned that my school has an October break for 10 days, and I'm spending it blissfully traveling around southern India. But this time I'll not be bemoaning my lonely, female traveler state. The other Fulbright teacher in Hyderabad invited me along on his family vacation. So I've been having various adventures with Patrick; his wife, Jessie; their dear three-year-old, Evan; and the bubbly baby of 8 months, Eli. I thought I'd have numerous opportunities to blog during naps and tantrums, but this young family certainly doesn't slow down for much, if anything. We'll be returning to Hyderabad on Thursday, October 25, so I'll have an opportunity then to post many stories and photos of our adventures . . . including:

Fort Cochin: a Portuguese town on the coast
Varkala: the beachy, red-cliff tourist town
Allepeny: sporting houseboats in the backwaters of Kerala
Ooty: an overdeveloped hill-station in the gorgeous tea plantation covered hills
Mysore: a culturally rich, small city sporting elephant parades during Deshara
Bangalore: a short trip into the cyber capital of India

1 comment:

dr.rani.s.d said...

hello erin,,do u remember me?Im Maniilal..a professional painter who only paints Lord Ganesh...we met in hyderabad.my email Id is''raniimanii@yahoo.com'' hope you remember me..i hav the photos of my and my family and u near the buddha statue in hyd..